As the FIM Enel MotoETM World Championship 2023 season kicks off, everything is ready for the start of the electric motorcycle championship. At the e-Mobility Hub ACI Vallelunga, the official presentation of the season was held on Friday the 17th amid confirmations and new additions that will make the championship even more exciting.
The most eagerly awaited moment was seeing the brand new Ducati V21L zoom around the track. The electric two-wheeler is powered by a 150 horsepower motor, supplied by an 18 kWh battery and can reach speeds of 275 Km/h.
In attendance were Carmelo Ezpeleta (CEO of Dorna), Claudio Domenicali (CEO of Ducati), Francesco Starace (CEO of Enel) and Elisabetta Ripa (CEO of Enel X Way). The new features of the championship were unveiled and details were confirmed, including that the championship will have 8 rounds and 16 races, all electric, with two Italian rounds, one at the Mugello Circuit and the season finale at Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli.
Here is the complete calendar for the upcoming MotoE season:
- 12-14 May: Le Mans (France)
- 9-11 June: Mugello (Italy)
- 16-18 June: Sachsenring (Germany)
- 23-25 June: Assen (Netherlands)
- 4-6 August: Silverstone (United Kingdom)
- 18-20 August: Red Bull Ring (Austria)
- 1-3 September: Barcellona (Spain)
- 8-10 September: Misano (Italy)